Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Help, I still can't build Wireshark under Windows XP

From: "A Verma" <laughaloud43@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:23:39 +0530
Hi,
Please verify the steps mentioned in section 2.2 of http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html/#ChSetupWin32

Also as suggested by Japp, pls see the output of :
nmake -f Makefile.nmake verify_tools

I followed the steps and was able to build wireshark for windows.

-Ash

On 3/26/08, John Wang <locationdev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
I have double checked to make sure all the development tools have been installed, newest libraries......... But I tried several versions of the source code, including the suggested r24657, but the error just keep coming
packet-spnego.c
packet-t125.c
packet-tcap.c
packet-ulp.c
packet-wlancertextn.c
Generating Code...
Compiling...
packet-x2ap.c
packet-x224.c
packet-x411.c
packet-x420.c
packet-x509af.c
packet-x509ce.c
packet-x509if.c
packet-x509sat.c
packet-dcerpc-nt.c
Generating Code...
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\c
l.EXE"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\n
make.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\n
make.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

C:\wireshark>