Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Help, I still can't build Wireshark under Windows XP

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:18:34 +0100
Hi,

We would like to help, but the line that spawns the fatal error isn't in your log. This is further up the list. Maybe you should attach the complete log and a log of verify_tools.

Thanx,
Jaap

John Wang wrote:
Hi,
I have double checked to make sure all the development tools have been installed, newest libraries......... But I tried several versions of the source code, including the suggested r24657, but the error just keep coming
packet-spnego.c
packet-t125.c
packet-tcap.c
packet-ulp.c
packet-wlancertextn.c
Generating Code...
Compiling...
packet-x2ap.c
packet-x224.c
packet-x411.c
packet-x420.c
packet-x509af.c
packet-x509ce.c
packet-x509if.c
packet-x509sat.c
packet-dcerpc-nt.c
Generating Code...
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\c
l.EXE"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\n
make.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\n
make.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

C:\wireshark>

Anyone has any suggestions?