Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] build problem

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 14:28:29 +0100
Prokash Sinha wrote:
I tried that too.
What I was expecting is that if I follow the Developers doc, I should pretty much be able to build it, without much reconfigurations.
Unfortunately there were some fundamental changes in the cygwin tools that are not updated in the Devel Guide.
I installed the cygwin, and all related development stuff from cygwin, so I should expect that I don't need to change much in the way.
Please do the following - as described in the Devel Guide:

- update your sources to the latest SVN (I've very recently checked in a fix for the setup target)
- download the required libraries by calling the setup target

In opposite to the Devel Guide (use Win32 native python instead of cygwins python):

- download and install native Win32 python
- change the three related settings in config.nmake to use Win32 native python (the cygwin python will probably not work)

Continue with the Devel Guide instructions ...

Regards, ULFL