Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Why is the Win32 buildbot running with the current configura

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 14:13:18 +0100
Jaap Keuter wrote:
Hi,

Would it be a good idea to branch off into all kinds of native windows
tools? I know cygwin can be a pain, but it puts all in one place, limiting
version hell.

Yes, this is also my point of view.

But the first goal in this regard is to have a default configuration which is working on all windows machines - when following the Devel Guide.

Leaving newbies with a default configuration not working on their machines - and we know that it won't work in a lot of cases - isn't really nice ...

I've already spend some annoying time to find out what the problem behind the cygwin python is - but couldn't find a solution for this.

I've switched to native python already some weeks ago and don't have any problems with it.

So unless we find out what the problem is, switching to the native python version seems to be the right thing.

Regards, ULFL