Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] ACN Source code
I just tried to check in an alkmost identical patch  which failed.   Thanks guy

On 11/7/06, Guy Harris <[email protected]> wrote:
Joerg Mayer wrote:

> Here is the list of warnings it creates on my system:

I've checked in some changes that should fix most, if not all, of them.

In particular:

> packet-acn.h:168: warning: type of bit-field 'dummy' is a GCC extension
> packet-acn.h:169: warning: type of bit-field 'D' is a GCC extension
> packet-acn.h:170: warning: type of bit-field 'H' is a GCC extension
> packet-acn.h:171: warning: type of bit-field 'V' is a GCC extension
> packet-acn.h:172: warning: type of bit-field 'L' is a GCC extension

C bitfields are a Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Bad
Idea when extracting bitfields from packet data, as the C language makes
*no* guarantee about the order of bitfields in a value.