Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] ACN Source code

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 01:08:48 -0800
Joerg Mayer wrote:

Here is the list of warnings it creates on my system:

I've checked in some changes that should fix most, if not all, of them.

In particular:

packet-acn.h:168: warning: type of bit-field 'dummy' is a GCC extension
packet-acn.h:169: warning: type of bit-field 'D' is a GCC extension
packet-acn.h:170: warning: type of bit-field 'H' is a GCC extension
packet-acn.h:171: warning: type of bit-field 'V' is a GCC extension
packet-acn.h:172: warning: type of bit-field 'L' is a GCC extension

C bitfields are a Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Bad Idea when extracting bitfields from packet data, as the C language makes *no* guarantee about the order of bitfields in a value.