Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] help

From: Chad Scoville <chad.scoville@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:49:56 -0400

if you'd like to use wireshark;

(1) implement capture filters (wireshark menu -> Capture -> Capture Filter -> ...... ) - selectively trap packets only related to the transaction of interest
(2) record the transaction operating in production
(3) go to the wireshark menu -> Statistics -> Summary : under  the Traffic heading it will provide numbers on Avg bytes/s - that number can be extrapolated to appropriately scale for your assessment

best,

chad