Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] [Ethereal Users] Hardware Specs of my Ethereal PC

From: "Percival Jr. Gahunia" <bipoy50@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 12:54:24 +0000
Anybody help me,

I am using Ethereal in capturing traffic crossing my BIG network, I am capturing packets at a rate of 1 million packets per hour. The problem is my PC starts to crash whenever I try to open the captured packets. For a 30 minutes capture averaging for about 500,000 thousand packets seems fine, it took me 15 minutes to open the file but at least I can retrieve the data.

Is there anybody there who can suggest the appropriate Specifications for my PC. The current Specs of my PC right now is Pentium 4 CPU 3.0GHz. 256MB of RAM running in MS Windows XP Pro Version 2002 Service Pack 1.

Any help would be very much appreciated...Thank You

Percival