Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Has anyone gotten remote WinPcap captures to work with Ethereal

From: Chris Benco <Chris.Benco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 08:10:41 -0400
Something based on this.

http://www.winpcap.org/docs/man/html/group__remote__help.html

I would like to be able to capture packets on my remote networks and
analyze them locally with Ethereal.  It looks like it's possible, but I
can't find any reference to anyone making it work, or exactly how to do it
with Ethereal.

I know I need to install the driver and get the daemon running on the
remote machines.  But how do I trigger the capture, and then get that
information into my local Ethereal?  All remote machines are running
Windows 2k Pro.

I'm assuming there is something basic I'm missing because of my lack of
expertise with Ethereal itself.  If anyone can point me in the right
direction I'd be happy to do the rest of the leg work.

Chris Benco
Network Administrator
Austin Powder Company
216-464-2400 x 5499