Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Redundant DNS queries

From: Vlad Codrea <vladc6@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 13:47:39 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

Thanks for helping me solve this problem. You were
right, the fact that IPv6 was enabled caused browsers
(Firefox and Konqueror) to waste time querying DNS
servers using the IPv6 protocol. I turned off IPv6 by
changing the following line in /etc/modprobe.conf:
alias net-pf-10           ipv6
alias net-pf-10           off

Interestingly, the Suse-centric way of disabling IPv6
(setting YaST -> /etc/sysconfig Editor -> Network ->
Hardware -> Config -> USE_IPv6 to �no�)  did _not_
prevent web-browsers from issuing IPv6 DNS queries,
even after I rebooted the system.

Vlad

--- "Francisco Alcoba (TS/EEM)"