Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Redundant DNS queries

From: Vlad Codrea <vladc6@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 09:36:01 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

I'm using Suse 9.3 (kernel 2.6.11.4-20a-default), but
I'm not sure if IPv6 is enabled.

The following lines in /etc/hosts might be relevant to
IPv6:
# special IPv6 addresses
::1             localhost ipv6-localhost ipv6-loopback

fe00::0         ipv6-localnet

ff00::0         ipv6-mcastprefix
ff02::1         ipv6-allnodes
ff02::2         ipv6-allrouters
ff02::3         ipv6-allhosts
127.0.0.2       linux.site linux

Could it be that my ISP's DNS server doesn't have IPv6
information?

Thanks,
Vlad

--- "Francisco Alcoba (TS/EEM)"