Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Help: Ethereal often hangs up

From: "Franz Edler" <franz.edler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:50:44 +0100
From: Guy Harris [mailto:gharris@xxxxxxxxx]

> 	http://www.ethereal.com/faq.html#q5.45

Thank you for the hint, Guy. But I followed the hints from FAQ and still
have the same problem. Now the situation is:
- I have no name resolution activated
  (neither MAC, network nor transport resolution).
- I have disabled update list of packets in real time.

After a while (less than 1000 packet captured), when I stop the trace,
Ethereal hangs at loading packets (the loading window hanging typically at
4%). But it obviously captured successfully (looking at statistics counter)
until that moment when I stopped tracing.

I have the same situation on more machines.

Any help highly appreciated.

Franz