Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Capture file size

From: "Evan Pierce" <evan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 19:26:15 +0200
Maximium file size in my opinion is determined by file system size maximum's
not by Ethereal itself. A different question would be what is the maximum
usable size and again the answer is it depends. On a linux server machine
with 32M of ram and a 650 MB hard disk anything over 100mb is unusable. On a
quad processor 3Gb of RAM Pentium 4 Xeon monster the answer is maybe 4GB is
usable - you are probably running out of RAM and hard disk swapping slowing
everything down to a halt. You can snip the file into smaller chunks using
tethereal.

Evan