Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Error Trying to Open Preferences

From: "Stephen Kovacsiss" <stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 11:45:23 -0500
I previously upgraded my PC and have since received the following error when attempting to open the preferences selection:

graphic

This was happening with 0.10.4 and also with 0.10.7 running under WinXP Pro.  I have uninstalled both Ethereal and WinPCap and started fresh.  If I attempt to capture, it first comes up with my old network card in the selection, but I can select a different one and it will work.  It only appears to affect the preferences page.

After you close the above error, the following message shows-up:

graphic

Thought that it might help.  Not sure where to look next.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen Kovacsiss