Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Merging 700 capture files

From: Ian Schorr <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:11:47 -0400
You can simply run:

mergecap [options] -w <outfile> <infile1> <infile2> ... <infile700>

...specifying the names of each of the files you want to merge. It would most likely be easiest to generate this command with a script or in some other automated process. With 700 files you may also run into limitations of the length of commands you can generate at the command prompt, depending on your platform/shell/etc, though you could break it up into multiple merge commands (i.e. merge the first 50 files, then merge this new file + the next 49, etc).

Ian