Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Partial packets dump & crash

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 14:55:30 -0700
Bart Braem wrote:

You're right currently it's DLT_EN10MB. That should be changed, right?

Yes, it should write them as DLT_RAW if they start with an IPv4 or IPv6 header.

I only have one tab, the link tab (which contains "Ethertype 0xc0a8
as"). Then selecting do not decode and hitting enter/pressing ok
crashes Ethereal.

I took a DLT_RAW capture I had and used editcap to turn it into one with the same packet data but with DLT_EN10MB; I couldn't reproduce the problem, so...

I hope this gives you enough information, I think I know enough to
solve the missing ethernet header in the Click sources. Don't hesitate
to contact me regarding the crash however.

...if you can send me a stack trace, that might help.