Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Partial packets dump & crash

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 00:19:53 -0700
Bart Braem wrote:

The click modular router is writing them in tcpdump format. They are
not containing any information regarding the ethernet header...

But what's the link-layer header type value in the file header? It should be DLT_RAW if the packets have only an IP header.

It's quite easy actually: select one packet in the time-ordered list
and select decode. In that menu change to no decoding and confirm.
Voila, crashed.

I.e., select "Do not decode" in the "Decode As" dialog box? Which tab is selected - Network, or Transport?