Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Partial packets dump & crash

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:55:23 -0700
Bart Braem wrote:
I am doing network simulation and work with dumps containing partial
packet dumps, in this case the ethernet header is absent I just see
IP. Is is possible to view these dumps in ethereal?

What program is writing the packet dumps?

If they're in libpcap format, with a link-layer type of DLT_RAW, Ethereal can read them.

The crash: currently when opening such a file  and specifying another
decoding ethereal segfaults, is this a known error?

What do you mean by "specifying another decoding"?

This probably isn't a known bug; could you tell us exactly what steps caused the crash?