Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] NIC Manufacturer resolving

From: Ian Schorr <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:58:36 -0400
Does anyone see a reason why we can't either disable that behavior or at least make it optional?

I have yet to run into a situation where I wanted the hostname, but plenty of situations where I wanted the OUI resolved and couldn't see it.

IIRC it also does this if one has network name resolution disabled, which I actually *would* consider a bug (or at least a bad idea).

Ian