Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] ARP-Protokoll

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 17:48:14 -0700
Guy Harris wrote:

People (this means "Ethereal users", not just "the main Ethereal developers"; that's the nice thing about a Wiki...) should put information such as indications that a flood of ARPs could be a virus (perhaps linking to information about viruses that do that) on pages referred to by that page, with a quick summary on the NetworkTroubleshooting page. Perhaps other pages could link to it, e.g. the ARP page could mention viruses whose signature is a blast of ARPs to find machines.

I've added an ArpFlooding page (which should perhaps be renamed to ArpScanning) with a small amount of information on that; the ARP page and the NetworkTroubleshooting page both refer to it. I leave enumerating viruses that do this, and giving more detail, such as links to information about those viruses, to the readership (translation: I'm not going to add that stuff, so if somebody wants it there they'll have to put it there or hope somebody else does; a Wiki is a collaborative effort...).