Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] ARP-Protokoll

From: "BROWN, JAMES C" <JBROW91@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:25:00 -0500
Hi everyone!  Just an FYI on a new worm.

There is a new worm variant out there which is beginning to be picked up by
the press.  We got hit last week by one called spybot (but NOT related to
the program) which also uses port 445.  We were the first to call it into
NAV who very promptly published a fix.  I'm sure other AV vendors will also
follow suit.  In all our cases the "bot" was trying to scan addresses in the
149.8.x.x and 149.7.x.x ranges and also used port 445.

Regards
JCB