Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] ARP-Protokoll

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 23:30:51 -0700
Guy Harris wrote:

Should we have some troubleshooting pages on the Wiki that, for example,
describe particular symptoms such as ARP floods, and common causes?  We
might have a link from pages for particular protocols on the Wiki to
pages for symptoms related to those protocols.  We could also have a
top-level troubleshooting page link to them as well.

We probably should.

I've added a NetworkTroubleshooting page, referred to from the top-level Wiki page (under General, for now - perhaps it belongs somewhere else on that page), which currently doesn't have anything on it other than indications of what should go there.

People (this means "Ethereal users", not just "the main Ethereal developers"; that's the nice thing about a Wiki...) should put information such as indications that a flood of ARPs could be a virus (perhaps linking to information about viruses that do that) on pages referred to by that page, with a quick summary on the NetworkTroubleshooting page. Perhaps other pages could link to it, e.g. the ARP page could mention viruses whose signature is a blast of ARPs to find machines.