Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Error when starting Ethereal on Win2k Advanced Server

From: "Zenizo Davalos, Diego Fernando" <dzenizo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 18:08:26 -0500
Title: Message
I get this error when starting Ethereal on Win2k Advanced Server.  The same downloaded software is working on my PC (WinXP, P4, 256 Mb RAM):

"The application, ethereal-gtk2.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 10/05/2004 @ 15:53:11.875 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 0029AC32 (g_win32_get_package_installation_subdirectory)"

This error was reported before in August 18, 2004, but there's no follow up.  Has anything being found yet?

The server environment is:

Proliant Server DL360 G3
One Xeon processor at 3.06 Ghz
4 Gb RAM
Raid 1+ 0 SCSI Array 72 Gb
Ethernet Interface is Hewlett Packard NC7781 Gigabit Server Adapter, driver 7.74.0.0 dated 5/20/2004
Windows 5.0 (build 2195), Service Pack 4  with all patches available

Ethereal is version 0.10.6 (latest available for download at Sourceforge)
WinPcap is 3.0 (downloaded at tha same time)

Thanks in advance.

Diego Fernando Zenizo Dávalos
ACE (Alfa compras electrónicas)
52+(81) 8865-1468 Directo