Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] stumped...

From: Mark Seger <mark.seger@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 11:00:24 -0400
I'm sure the answer is a simple one, but I can't figure out how to
install this on RedHat.  According to the installation manual, the
command for the binary is of the form:

rpm -ivh ethereal-0.8.10-1.i386.rpm

however, when I go to the download location for the binaries at:
ftp://ftp.ethereal.com/pub/ethereal/rpms/

there are no packages with a name of this form.  There is a SRC, but no
i386.  There ARE a number of i386 packages such as base, gnome, etc but
no mention of them in the installation manual.  I did install the 'base'
which is clearly is not runnable, but don't know if I should/must
install any of the others and if so in what order.

any help would be greatly appreciated...

-mark