Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] New User

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 16:56:06 +0200
On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 03:37:51PM +0100, sjs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>  I've just installed ethereal for the 1st time on my laptop...

Welcome to the Ethereal users crowd!

>  to do. Basically I want to capture packets to and from our servers. I
>  created a capture and display filter with the tag ip.addr==(our servers
> IP)
>  but nothing happens? When I do a live capture it just streams down the
> page

You have encountered the same problem that hit lots of people before. It
hit so many people, it is now in the Ethereal FAQ:

"Q 5.3: I can set a display filter just fine, but capture filters don't work."
the answer to which can be found at:
http://www.ethereal.com/faq.html#q5.3

In case this doesn't help, please post again.

  Ciao
      Jörg
--
Joerg Mayer                                          <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
I found out that "pro" means "instead of" (as in proconsul). Now I know