Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] DIS protocol dissector

From: Phongsak <phongsak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 17:00:12 -0500 (EST)
Hi

I found an email in the mailing ilist archieve about the DIS dissector,
and I found that it has been written by Guy, but I don't see it in the
CVS.  Is someone working on the DIS dissector?  I would like to develop
the DIS dissector also, and I don't want to start it from scratch.

Anyway, our goal is not just sniffing the DIS protocol, but also
converting captured DIS packets to another form of a protocol.  Is it
possible to reuse some of the ethereal codes to create a packet conversion
software?

The software will be listening to a port, capturing DIS packets, and
converting them to another packet form.  Your comments are very welcome.

Sincerely,
Phongsak Prasithsangaree
Ph.D. student, Telcommunication Program, School of Information Science,
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA