Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Orinoco Wireless card under win2k every packet short fra

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 17:07:48 -0800
On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 11:36:14AM -0800, Robert Nicholson wrote:
> I currently have PGPNet turned off but every captured packet is a short
> frame.
>
> Is there any reason for that?

A buggy or otherwise unhelpful networking card driver?

A bug somewhere in the Windows networking stack?

Some *other* mysterious piece of networking software that equally
"helpfully" screws up packets in the same way PGPNet does?  (I don't
know how to check what pieces might cause this, and I wouldn't know
whether any particular such piece that you name would be the cause.)

If the same thing happens with WinDump:

	http://netgroup-serv.polito.it/windump/

then it's probably a WinPcap issue of some sort; send a report to

	winpcap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx