Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal 0.9.1 problem

From: "Solis, Clement" <Clement.Solis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 14:46:15 -0000
Title: Ethereal 0.9.1 problem

I have recently taken possession of a new XP Laptop in place of my previous NT4.0 one.

I have downloaded WinPcap beta version and the latest Ethereal Binary.  I have installed both on ,my new laptop but when I run Ethereal and select start capture, I am informed that I have not selected an adapter.  There are no adapters available in the drop down list and whatever I type in the box (Ethernet, Intel, Full Card descriptor, IP Address etc) always produces the same error:

The Capture could not be initiated, (Error opening adapter: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress) Please check that you have the correct Interface specified.

I did not have this problem with the previous version on my NT4.0 Workstation.

Can you help?

Regards,

Clement Solis

This message has been 'sanitized'. This means that potentially dangerous content has been rewritten or removed. The following log describes which actions were taken.

Sanitizer (start="1013525257"):
  Part (pos="1384"):
    SanitizeFile (filename="unnamed.txt", mimetype="text/plain"):
      Match (rule="2"):
        Enforced policy: accept

  Part (pos="3063"):
    SanitizeFile (filename="unnamed.html", mimetype="text/html"):
      Match (rule="default"):
        Enforced policy: accept

    Rewrote HTML tag: >>_META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii"_<<
                  as: >>_MANGLED_ON_PURPOSE_META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii"_<<
    Rewrote HTML tag: >>_META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12"_<<
                  as: >>_MANGLED_ON_PURPOSE_META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12"_<<
    Total modifications so far: 2

Anomy 0.0.0 : Sanitizer.pm $Id: Sanitizer.pm,v 1.32 2001/10/11 19:27:15 bre Exp $

This e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for use by the individual to whom it is addressed. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Reliance Security Services Limited immediately by returning this e-mail to sender or calling +44 (0) 1895 205000 and be advised that you have received this mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of it is strictly prohibited.

Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Although Reliance Security operates an active anti-virus policy, the company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail, including any attachments.