Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Question to Ethereal

From: Georg Nagel <Georg.Nagel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 14:58:36 +0100
Hello,
I have only one question to the Ethereal programm. May be sombody can help
me.

Question:
I want to capture in a network a IP-address of a printer. We have TCP/IP
running. This is a Windows NT4.0 network.
I have connecting a LAPTOP with Win98 via a Ethernet Hub into the same
network as the printer is.
I want to capture all trafic and data what goes to that IP-address of the
printer.
The printer has the IP-address 172.16.70.14

What must I do ?

Am I right, when I go to "EDIT"....."Capture Filters".....then I give him a
..."Filter name".... And a ......."Capture string"....
Now my problem, what is the syntax or what command must I give in as
"Capture string"
When I have finish, then I start the CAPTURE.

Please can somebody help me, may be this is very easy, but I do not
understand the description (english..?.1)

Thank you very much for the help

Best regards

Georg

Tally Computerdrucker GmbH