Ethereal-users: [ethereal-users] SMB Decodes

From: "Alan Harrison" <alanharrison@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 18:43:05 +0100
Hi,

While this is not strictly a ethereal question I would appreciate it if
anyone could enlighten me. When I'm viewing the SMB decode packets there are
values for TID,PID,UID and MID. I think these are handles to the share,
process, user (mid?). What I would like to be able to do is to relate these
values to whatever a particular transaction on the client or server. Does
anyone know of a utility or method by which this can be found.

Now this is an ethereal question, has anyone been able to printout packets
in the win32
version. I've tried the print command but it doesn't seem to work even if I
put the full path in. I think perhaps its a problem that ethereal sends its
output to stdout and print doesn't take input form stdin ?

TIA
----
alanharrison@xxxxxxxx