Ethereal-users: [ethereal-users] Re: RHAT 6.2 & UCD SNMP 4.1.1

From: Wes Hardaker <wjhardaker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05 May 2000 11:13:33 -0700

Guy> 2) wait for the next release of UCD SNMP (which I think will
Guy> bring back the routine that got turned into a macro) to come
Guy> out and wait for all OSes that bundled 4.1.1 to bundle the
Guy> new release - but that doesn't help people who have the
Guy> existing releases, unless Red Hat and company provide
Guy> updates, or users of the releases in question are willing to
Guy> install the new UCD SNMP release by themselves.

FYI, 4.1.2 is coming out today.

However, I thought the most recent versions of ethereal changed the
include file structure to fix this?  (or test for it and optionally
include it)?

Unfortunately, since 6.2 includes the one version that won't work for
ethereal I suspect this configure-based fix on the ethereal side is
probably needed (sigh).

--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."