Ethereal-users: [ethereal-users] RHAT 6.2 & UCD SNMP 4.1.1

From: "Mike Maniscalco" <Mike.Maniscalco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 11:19:10 -0400
I am running Red Hat 6.2 with UCD SNMP 4.1.1, as stated in the ethereal FAQ:
"Q: Ethereal will not run because snmp_set_full_objid is an undefined
symbol.
A: You've upgraded to UCD SNMP 4.1.1, right? Or perhaps you're using RedHat
6.2.
Either install UCD SNMP 4.0[.x] on your system, or download source code and
built from source; UCD SNMP 4.1.1 removed from the library a routine that
Ethereal calls (it changed it to a macro wrapper for another routine), and
the RPMs for Ethereal are built on, I with the earlier UCD SNMP (as per the
"-v" message), which means they won't work with systems such as RH 6.2 that
have UCD SNMP 4.1.1. think, a pre-RH 6.2 system "
Has anyone found a way to work around or fix this problem?  Thanks for the
help.

		Mike Maniscalco
		mike.maniscalco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx