Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Lua autofoo stuff - please test

Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 19:22:58 +0100
Hi Joerg,
So here's how it went:

- I had to do some changes  to get it work (and good news, I finally
grasped something about autofoo's mechanics).

I've done these three tests:
./configure --without-lua
 result:  builds  as usual

./configure --with-lua=good_lua
  result: a working plugin installed

./configure --with-lua=unexistent_lua
  result: ./configure fails when looking for lua

./configure --with-lua=wrong_lua
  result: ./configure fails when checking lua version

Now, I have a problem (It doesn't appears to be related to this)
Whenever I open a pcap file it gives me a zero-lenght packet and and
an error. Oddly enough there aren't any changes between my tree and
the svn that could make this happen, as it happens with the unmodified
 tree as well and the Buildbot is doing fine I think is a problem with
some lib on my machine triggered after the sync I did yesterday before
getting into on this.

I'll attach the current version of the lua autofoo pacth, It some
trivial fixes and some more checks.

Can you test it and tell me whether the built binary actually works?
In the meanwhile I'll try to understant what's wrong on my system.

Luis.