Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] making DocBook docs, JAVA out of memory

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:57:30 +0200
Jaap Keuter wrote:

>Hello list,
>
>I ran straight 'make' in docbook and fop ran out of memory. That was a bit
>strange since FOP_OPTS was set, as 'make -n' showed. I've changed the
>makefile, replacing FOP_OPTS with JAVA_OPTS, like so:
>
>.fo.pdf:
>	JAVA_OPTS="$(FOP_OPTS)" $(FOP) $< $@
>
>That worked. Is this just for my Debian system of generic for Unix
>platform (as the readme.txt says)?

Don't try to dig deep knowledge from the Readme.txt, this is just a
collection of things I've recognized while doing my first steps in the
wonderful world of DocBook.

While I was doing my experiments on Win32 (cygwin), later on Joerg Mayer
added some things related to SuSE? Linux.

I've tried your change: FOP_OPTS -> JAVA_OPTS and didn't had any
problems with this.

As this currently seems to be a three man show ;-), Joerg, do you have
any problems with this change?

Regards, ULFL