Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] tektronix k12xx rf5 support

Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:56:11 +0200
On 6/11/05, Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> LEGO wrote:
>
> > I been thinking on two ways to handle this, either compeletely by the
> > wiretap module or with the help of a specific dissector.
>
> That's currently how similar issues with the nettl file format are being
> handled.

Then a dissector is how It will handle them too.

I just checked in a further iteration on wiretap the code (use data
structures), and the embryo for a helper dissector.

It uses a config file (set from preferences) to map the "stack file"
used to the dissector that handles the payload.

There are still few things to fix in the config file parser:
- An empty line in the file will be the last line.
- A space in the filename will cause the part after the space to be
evaluated as the protocol.
- No mapping yet between port names and port ids to specific protocols.

here's an example file:
------------
# comments are lines that start with a '#'
# don't use spaces in filenames will
C:\K1297\stacks\umts_iu\umts_iu_ranap_alcap_2002-03.stk sscf-nni
C:\K1297\stacks\umts_iu\umts_iu_ranap_alcap_2002-09.stk sscop
D:\K15\stacks\umts_iu\umts_iu_ranap_alcap_2002-09.stk sscop
C:\K1205\stacks\whibisup.stk mtp2
C:\K1297\stacks\gsm2p\gsm2p_gmsc.stk mtp2
# Beware:  an empty line in the file will be the last line.

this line won't be read.

Luis