Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: rev 14518: /trunk/epan/dissectors/: packet-ip.c

From: "Ulf Lamping" <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 18:50:58 +0200
gram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ethereal development <ethereal-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb am 02.06.05 18:20:24:

> We need a preference which would make all hidden fields visible.

I don't like the idea of adding more and more preference settings, this just makes the usage more complex without getting real benefit from it (of course there are some settings which are really needed). I'm in doubt if the concept of hidden fields is a good idea at all, exactly because this is somewhat bogus to explain and use.

Adding some trees instead seems to make a lot more sense to me.

However, I'll have to implement it and see how it will look like ...