Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: rev 14518: /trunk/epan/dissectors/: packet-ip.c

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 09:53:13 -0700
ronnie sahlberg wrote:

These resolved hostnames, would it make sense to make
ip.src and ip.dst into expansions and put the resolved name ip.host
down there so they become visible?

Presumably the intent is to allow

	ip.host contains "google"

or something such as that?  (Exact matches on the host can be done with

	ip.addr eq www.google.com

Speaking of which, libpcap capture filters will, if a host name has more than one IP address corresponding to it, match any of the addresses; we might want to do the same with display filters.)