Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] trying to interface a generic 802.11abg with ethereal( windows) u

From: "Ankur Aggarwal" <ankur@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 19:08:24 +0530

Hi

I am facing a peculiar problem.

My 802.11 wireless card adaptor interface is getting recognized by the ethereal. And when I ship an Ethernet packet up, it even displays it in the ethereal GUI.

Now I modififed my driver so that I was sending a 144 bytes prism header ahead of the frame. My miniport driver prints show that that the packets are getting shipped up constantly and the buffers are successfully released. However ethereal is not getting any packet.

The WinPcap version is the latest Beta( which works when I ship the data packet up with false Ethernet header (I have tried reinstalling it too).

If anyone has any clue why the NDIS/ winpcap is dropping the packets, please help.

Regards,

Ankur