Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] trying to interface a generic 802.11abg with ethereal( window

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 09:50:29 -0700
Ankur Aggarwal wrote:

If anyone has any clue why the NDIS/ winpcap is dropping the packets, please help.

You should probably ask the WinPcap developers about this, as it's probably some low-level issue with NDIS or WinPcap (perhaps the NDIS stack can't handle the Prism header, as NDIS and the networking stack might be expecting Ethernet headers).

Note also that there's no way in NDIS to specify that a networking device has Prism headers, so there's no way for WinPcap to know that merely by using information from NDIS - assuming you can even arrange that Prism headers (or AVS headers, or radiotap headers) be present in the packet (which might not be the case, as per my parenthetical note in the previous paragraph), you'd have to modify WinPcap to somehow know that the driver is supplying them, so it can return the right DLT_ value.