Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: rev 14518: /trunk/epan/dissectors/: packet-ip.c

From: "Ulf Lamping" <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 15:18:08 +0200
ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>, Ethereal development <ethereal-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb am 02.06.05 14:11:17:

> It is very difficult to find fields one can filter on unless they are
> visible in the decode pane.
> Most of my users "learn" about new useful fields by clicking on them
> in the decode pane since the list of fields in the manual is just too
> big to search through.

Full Ack

> These resolved hostnames, would it make sense to make
> ip.src and ip.dst into expansions and put the resolved name ip.host
> down there so they become visible?

Sounds reasonable.

I was thinking about how to add this, and didn't get a good solution so I made the fields hidden. Making them visible was very ugly to look at.

So making the current "Source" and "Destination" fields tree parents, and put the host fields into it seems to be a good idea.

I will see what I can do, probably this evening ...