Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Reproducible crash in stats_tree.c (HTTP)

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 13:37:06 +0100
LEGO wrote:

>Tomorrow, I will take a deepper look at contruction/destruction of the
>tree objects.

I've checked in a fix! You used child->next *after* doing the
free_stat_node() call on that child node, which obviously isn't a good idea.

In a debug build, MSVC fills in a specific memory pattern (e.g.
0xfeeefeee) to enable a developer to track down this kind of problems,
where memory is accessed which was freed already before.

... so Windows might not be that bad at all ;-)

>I'll rename the functions as you proposed.

I'll appreciate that,

Regards, ULFL