Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Bug in Ethereal: Closing Read Filter Window fails

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:14:30 +0100
Gerald Combs wrote:

I'd argue that we should use GetOpenFileName() instead of
GtkFileChooser() under Windows, similar to what we're doing with the
print dialog.  This doesn't help other platforms, however.
Yes, there seems to be repeatedly requests for a native windows file dialog.

BTW: IMHO, this would make an approach for a native windows version obsolete (sorry to say, Gerald). The current look and feel including GTK-Wimp is almost perfect even for Windows users :-)

Except for the several places that lacks of general usability (see the WishList), but this is more of a question about the general program behaviour and not "a toolkit problem".

After finishing the capture privilege separation, hmmm, even no time to continue on this right now:-( I might have a look at this win32 file dialog topic (well, my personal to do list becomes very "complex"). .

However, this won't be any help for all the other platforms we support.

Regards, ULFL