Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Bug in Ethereal: Closing Read Filter Window fails

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:11:56 -0800
Ulf Lamping wrote:

The main problem is that the GtkFileChooser dialog (we use since GTK 2.4) requires to use gtk_dialog_run(), as some widgets of that dialog (e.g. the Ok button) can no longer be accessed directly.

Unfortunately gtk_dialog_run takes control over "all" events (seems to have it's own event loop), so we can open the filter dialog when the "Filter:" button was pressed, but that dialog won't receive any events, which is causing the problem described.

I don't know any convenient solution :-(

Can we run the filter dialog with *its* own event loop?