Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Bug in Ethereal: Closing Read Filter Window fails

From: "John McDermott" <jjm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:36:11 -0700
On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:14:30 +0100, Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx> wrote:

Gerald Combs wrote:

I'd argue that we should use GetOpenFileName() instead of
GtkFileChooser() under Windows, similar to what we're doing with the
print dialog.  This doesn't help other platforms, however.

Yes, there seems to be repeatedly requests for a native windows file dialog.

BTW: IMHO, this would make an approach for a native windows version obsolete (sorry to say, Gerald). The current look and feel including GTK-Wimp is almost perfect even for Windows users :-)

But *please* make both versions (Gtk and Windows) available, perhaps as a config file option. Having to maintain two sets of screenshot docs and step-by step instructions would be very painful. Also, it is nice for those of us who use multiple platforms to see a unified UI!

--john

--
John McDermott, CCP
Writer, Educator, Consultant