Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] BUG in "Export as PSML" and "as CSV"

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:12:00 +0100
Stefano Pettini wrote:

Yes, I understand. I have some ideas...

Well, I have a lot of ideas ;-)

but are too complex to implement since I'm not an expert of GTK+ and Linux UIs.

The user could specify a list of fields to be exported in CSV or "ascii matrix". For example, there could be a textbox where the user writes "frame.len, ip.src, tcp.port" to have a 3 column matrix with these fields.

... but unfortunately only little time :-(

It might be possible to include it before the next release, which is planned for this week.

Here's the CSV patch. I hope you can include it in 0.10.10.

As Gerald already has branched the release branch it seems he will do the release very soon. Adding features just before a release usually adds new bugs and alike, so we might wait until the release is out.

As we might have to do some (little) more work to make it complete, e.g. add it to the user's guide, manpage, tethereal, ... I also tend to wait before the release is out.

Regards, ULFL