Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] BUG in "Export as PSML" and "as CSV"

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 09:09:52 +0100
Stefano Pettini wrote:

Ulf Lamping wrote:

Could you be more specific, which 4 columns do you mean?

Very easy to reproduce: open a capture file, export it as PSML and open that file in notepad. You'll understand immediately.

Yes, after looking at it, it's clear what you mean ;-) That was a change in the epan API resulting in these "unfilled" values. I've checked in a fix.

PS.
What about my patch?

I like the idea of a CSV export, as someone lately asked my about this too.

However, the matlab output seems very specialized to me, as it only exports a single pair of data helpful in only some cases. So I don't tend to check this in in it's current form. We might need to have some way to select which data has to be exported, to be somewhat more generalized and helpful to more people.

Out of interest: What's the reason you don't use the IO graph but matlab?

Could you split out the CSV related parts and send another patch with only theses changes (I've very little time...)?

Regards, ULFL

P.S:  It's not necessary to put both patch and diff in the filename ;-)