Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Re: Getting signal from USB port

From: "hasna dahnini" <hasna_dahnini@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 07:59:51 +0000
Harris,

I'm working on Profibus and not Profinet, so Ethernet is not invoved on the network communication.

I've yet developed a Profibus dissector that is able to analyse Profibus signals stored in a file. Now, I want to think on the link between an hard system that gets the signals on a real network and send them into a PC through a USB port. Moreover, my hard system will work with different network protocols and not only Profibus. Therefore, I choose Ethereal as network analyser. And, I don't know how I can get signals on my PC !

Thanks for your help
hasna