Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Running (T)Ethereal forever

From: Pierre JUHEN <pierre.juhen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 20:29:56 +0200
I would like to run tethereal on a PC "forever".

I use it to capture on an ethereal interface, filter some packets, and them
on the network through another interface.

However, tethereal consumes memory for each packet, and crashes when there is no more
memory...

Would it be possible to have an option where tethereal releases the memory used by the capture,
after either a  number of packets, or a certain amount of time.

This would be also useful for ethereal in graphical mode, but I guess it's more difficult.

Thank you,

Pierre Juhen