Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Running (T)Ethereal forever

From: Ober Heim <ober@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 20:46:22 +0100 (BST)
We run a 24/7 tethereal setup, and find restarts every 10 minutes fix the
memory growth problem.

One major issue is the use of conversations in many different dissectors
to track request/replies.
This could require some major rewrites to start dropping items off the
list.

But none the less would be nice to have it handle long term streams in a
better fashion. However it would be up to the dissector writers to do so.