Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Subversion update

From: "Martin Mathieson" <martin.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 18:14:28 +0100
Gerald,

Would it be possible/desirable to run svnserve on the Subversion server?
I've no idea how much work this would be or what the security issues might
be, but I note Samba provides svn:// access to its repository.

Would this help many more people get direct access?  The freebie windows
proxy I use on my home network can't be persuaded to support the HTTP
methods needed.  With svnserve I presume I presume I'd just need to set up a
mapped link and open the outgoing port on my firewall (as I've done for CVS
access).

Martin